De Zerbi Confirms Bergvall's Future at Tottenham, Sarr and Moore's Status Uncertain
Roberto De Zerbi has drawn a firm line over Lucas Bergvall’s future – but left the door wide open on Pape Sarr and Mikey Moore as Tottenham’s reshaping gathers pace late in the window.
Bergvall going nowhere
Asked whether he could guarantee Bergvall and Sarr would still be Spurs players after the window shuts on September 1, De Zerbi did not hesitate over the Swedish midfielder.
“Lucas Bergvall, 100 per cent,” he replied. The Italian stressed the work done together over the summer, underlining how central the 18-year-old is to his plans.
“We spoke a lot in pre-season. He’s a top player with top potential player. I think now that he wants to stay and we have no problem.”
With that, one saga is effectively closed. Bergvall, heavily talked up since his arrival, is locked in for the season.
Sarr interest grows as Galatasaray push
The picture is far less clear with Sarr. The midfielder has attracted strong interest, with Brentford monitoring him earlier in the summer and Galatasaray now making a concerted push to sign him.
De Zerbi pointed to Sarr’s disrupted build-up to the campaign, with the Senegal international joining pre-season late after working in his homeland until the first week of August.
“For Pape, he started pre-season late because he started in Senegal until first week in August, I think,” De Zerbi said. “He’s a good player. I don’t know if he stays or not. We have to analyse the situation. But he is another very, very important player.”
Tottenham now face a decision: cash in on a valuable asset under serious foreign pressure, or keep a midfielder De Zerbi clearly rates but has not fully integrated this summer.
Moore and the academy crop at a crossroads
Attention is also turning to the club’s next wave. Mikey Moore, the highly regarded 19-year-old winger who spent last season on loan at Rangers, is again being tipped for another temporary move.
De Zerbi likes what he sees.
“I am happy with Mikey Moore,” he said. “He is working well. He is a good player. I don’t know or not if he goes on loan. He has big potential for the club.”
That uncertainty extends beyond Moore. De Zerbi namechecked Luca Williams-Barnett and Malachi Hardy as part of the same conversation, placing them in the group whose immediate futures are under review.
“We try to find the best solution for every player we have. Also for Luca Williams-Barnett and Malachi Hardy. Big potentials. We’re proud they come from our academy.”
The message is clear. Bergvall is untouchable. Sarr is in play. And a clutch of academy products, led by Moore, stand on the brink of the next step in their careers – wherever that may take them before the window slams shut.



